Job Title: Office Manager (Experience desirable)
Working Hours: 40 hours – Monday to Friday
Salary Circa: 23 – 24k per annum plus bonuses (negotiable)
Day to day management of the Waste Management and Recycling office including order processing, liaising with clients, suppliers and buyers, booking and expediting transport requirements, posting and raising invoices and credits.
Management of another administration team member will also be required (after 3 months).
The role is to work as part of a multi skilled team to provide support to the 2 directors and Commercial Manager as well as undertaking customer service, accounts and administration.
- To run the office administration to ISO 9001 standards and to help run the office accounts
- General administrative duties to run the small but extremely busy office
- Liaise with all clients, customers, processing and organising collections
- CRM and accounts package management – attention to detail a must! (Microsoft
Dynamics CRM and Xero accounting packages)
- Manage supplier and customer spreadsheets with profit/margin detail (Word/Excel)
- Ensure Office runs efficiently and effectively
- Arrange freight and deliveries Inc. export containers and appropriate paperwork
- Be pro-active with ideas for accounts and admin efficiency
- You will comply with all the policies of the organisation and ensure that you are aware of and comply with the policies, procedures and practices.
- You may be asked to undertake any other duties commensurate with the nature and level of the post.
- The duties and responsibilities outlined in this job description are liable to change to meet the needs of the business.
Short listing criteria
These criteria will be used to select candidates for interview. If you meet the requirements, please ensure this information is included within your CV or covering letter.
- Grade C Maths and English is required, or relevant equivalent experience
- Experience in office work in a similar work environment
- Microsoft Package essential – particularly Excel and Word
- CRM database management is highly desirable
- Basic knowledge of accounts with high attention to detail
- Experience of using social media desirable
Skills to be assessed at interview
- An honest and friendly person
- Excellent communication skills with a positive disposition
- Be happy as part of a team though some days can be ‘solus’ in the office thus selfmotivation is crucial. The office is ‘extremely’ busy
- Is a ‘people-person’ with excellent communications skills and calm approach especially on the phone
- Wants to be rewarded allied to company performance
- Has flexibility, is not a ‘clock watcher’ and also wishes to understand the industry
- Able to work well within a small friendly team
- The ideal candidate will have a genuine desire to grow with the company and be duly rewarded. The role is extremely varied and will bring a vast amount of knowledge and experience to the right candidate.
- Customer Centric
- Ability to work under pressure and to meet targets with tight deadlines
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to work on own initiative, self-motivated with a flexible approach to work
- Able to enjoy the challenge of a varied and unpredictable workload
- Flexible and adaptable
- Present a professional image at all times
- Willing to undertake professional training and development
Please email CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org