Job Title: Sales Office Administrator
Working Hours: Full time – 9.00am to 5.30pm
Salary: Circa Circa 18.5k to 20k subject to experience
Reporting to the companies Administration Controller and assisting in the day to day management of the office including order processing, liaising with clients, suppliers and buyers , booking and expediting transport requirements, posting and raising invoices and ensure accuracy of data entry onto companies’ finance and ledger systems.
The role is to work as part of a small, multi skilled team and provide support to the 2 directors and Commercial Manager as well as undertaking customer service, accounts and administration.
There is a clear road map for a move into external Sales and Commercial Management for the successful candidate.
- To help run the office administration to ISO 9001 standards and maintain accurate office accounts date entry.
- General administrative duties to run the small but busy office.
- To liaise with all clients, customers, suppliers and arrange collections of their recyclable materials.
- CRM and accounts package management – attention to detail a must!
- Ensure Office runs efficiently with good Social Media knowledge a major benefit.
- Arrange freight and deliveries Inc. export containers and appropriate paperwork.
- Be pro-active with ideas for accounts and admin efficiency.
- You will comply with all the policies of the organisation and ensure that you are aware of and comply with these policies, procedures and practices.
- You may be asked to undertake any other duties commensurate with the nature and level of the post.
- The duties and responsibilities outlined in this job description are liable to change to meet the needs of the business.
Short listing criteria
These criteria will be used to select candidates for interview. If you meet the requirements, please ensure this information is included within your CV or covering letter.
- Grade C Maths and English is desirable, or relevant equivalent qualifications.
- Experience within an office or similar work environment desirable.
- Microsoft Package knowledge essential – particularly Excel and Word.
- CRM database management experience is highly desirable.
- Basic knowledge of accounts desirable though accuracy and attention to detail is more important.
- Experience or understanding of using social media.
- Customer liaison skills and excellent telephone manner required.
Skills to be assessed at interview
- An honest, friendly and career minded person.
- Excellent communication skills with a positive disposition.
- Be happy as part of a team though some days can be ‘solus’ in the office thus selfmotivation is crucial.
- is a ‘people-person’ with excellent communications skills and calm approach especially on the telephone.
- Wants to be rewarded allied to company performance and is a real ‘hard worker’
- Has flexibility, is not a ‘clock watcher’ and wishes to understand the Environmental/Recycling industry.
- Ability to work under pressure and to meet targets with tight deadlines.
- Good interpersonal skills and is customer centric.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Self-motivated with a flexible approach to work.
- Able to enjoy the challenge of a varied and unpredictable workload.
- Flexible and adaptable
- Always present a professional image.
- The ideal candidate will have a genuine desire to grow with the company and be duly rewarded. The role is extremely varied and will provide a vast amount of knowledge and experience to the right candidate.
- The successful candidate will be given genuine promotion opportunities within the business subject to performance.
Please email CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org